Image hosted by Photobucket.com

SHOTS
*Twins
*Numero
*R1 Rocks
AGGIE




Aggie
Erika
Cheenee
Eric
R1 Rocks




want one?
Name

URL or Email

Messages(smiles)



Tuesday, February 07, 2006
Okay, kill me for joining the bandwagon.But then again it really doesn't matter. The incident that happened last Saturday was just plain tragic. Really. It just goes to show how desperate people are in the Philippines. People go out of their provinces, camp out at the cold, hard concrete for days in order to give their luck a chance.

We can't dwell on trying to understand all the details and whatnot, though. Instead, we have to think about what this tragedy has brought upon the people. Filipinos should now work together in order to rise above the ranks, to give the masses the basic needs that poverty has stolen. I know these words are probably futile but seriously, can't this incident open the eyes of the government? Of those who have the power to actually do something? If I was deeply moved by the events, then why not our leaders who are inherently supposed to care, at the very least?

My father was once a government leader. I saw his burning passion for service, and I wanted to partake in his amazing dreams and beautiful vision. But yeah, all things come to an end. I'm not saying that my father lost his passion altogether. But after reality slaps you in the face, it's really hard to remain a believer. He quit politics several years ago, and not because of defeat nor resignation. It was out of hope and choice. No matter how much I try to convince myself that there are good people out there in the government, I know that the cynic in me will persevere, and in the long run, convince me otherwise.

Sheesh. I'm a 16 year old, who hasn't experienced half of what our leaders have. I'd like to see them remove their heads from the clouds and stoop to my level, in order to see beyond the borders that they've set for themselves.

i'm so far down, are you? *inna | 2/07/2006 05:22:00 PM
Comments: Post a Comment